LOWER MILL LETTING TERMS & CONDITIONS
LME Luxury Holidays is the only estate approved letting agency operating on the Lower Mill Estate and as such is the only company authorised to offer Estate approved organised activities, services and events including their own concierge service.
LME Luxury Holidays Ltd (LMELH) the owner of LME Luxury Holidays (LMELH) arranges short term lets of Properties at Lower Mill Estate as agents of the Owners of the Properties.
The Contract is between the Owners of the Property and the Guest i.e. the first named person on the booking confirmation. Any issues arising under the Contract should be addressed to LMELH and LMELH will respond on behalf of the Owners. The Contract will be entered into when LMELH issue the confirmation form after payment of the balance of the rent due and will be subject to all the Booking Conditions. The Guest should check the confirmation form carefully.
2.1 Deposit: A deposit of 30% of the total rent is payable to reserve specified dates to stay at the Property.
2.2 Balance. The 70% of the total rent becomes payable 8 weeks before the start of the let. Should a booking be made within 8 weeks of the start of the let, the full deposit and balance must be paid together. Failure to pay the balance on or by the due date shall be construed as a cancellation by the Guest.
2.3 Damage Deposit. A refundable damage deposit of £500 is also payable at the same time as the balance. The Guest hereby agrees to give LMELH authorisation to make the appropriate charge from an acceptable credit card (see clause 2.4, below) in the event that the guest or anyone in their group staying at the property causes damage or incurs a need for extra cleaning or leaves the Property without settling invoices for additional services or supplies received during their stay. The Guest will be notified of the details of any extra costs incurred within 10 working days after the end of the let. LMELH reserves the right to make a charge to the Guests credit card for up to 30 days from the end of the let. If the Property is left in a satisfactory condition and all invoices have been paid, no charge will be made and the credit card details will be destroyed.
2.4 Payment Method. All payments must be made by debit, credit card or by cheque to LME Luxury Holidays Ltd. A fee of £25 will be charged for dishonoured cheques.
Any cancellation made by the Guest for whatever reason shall be in writing addressed to LMELH. On receipt of the notice of cancellation, LMELH will seek to re-let the Property for the period of the booking. If LMELH succeeds in re-letting the Property for the whole of the period booked it shall refund an amount equal to the money paid less an administration fee of £20.00 plus VAT per week or part thereof booked. If LMELH is unable to re-let the Property at all then all monies paid by the Guest shall be forfeited to LMELH. It is strongly recommended that guests to take out separate cancellation insurance.4. CHANGE OF DATES
LMELH may consider a request from a Guest to change the dates of the booking after confirmation has been issued. Agreement will be given subject to all of the following conditions being met if: -
(1) The Property Owner agrees to the change.
(2) The request is being received more than 12 weeks away from the commencement of the booking and
(3) The Guest pays an administration fee of £20.00 plus VAT.
VAT is included in the rental fee where applicable.6. PERIOD OF HIRE
Rentals commence, unless otherwise notified, at 4.00pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00am on the day of departure.7. USE OF THE PROPERTY
The number of persons occupying a Property must not exceed the maximum number stipulated in the brochure and on the web site. The Property will be used for personal, domestic purposes only and cannot be sub-let to third parties. The property shall not be used for any commercial purposes without the prior consent of LMELH. LMELH reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.8. COMPLAINTS
Should there be any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property; LMELH must be notified immediately and prior to the guests departure. Failure to do so is likely to jeopardise a guests claim for compensation.9. CARE OF THE PROPERTY
The guest(s) shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the let as at the beginning. In accordance with Clause 2.3, LMELH reserves the right to charge the guest for any additional costs it or the owner has incurred.10. GUEST PROPERTY
LMELH and the owners are not responsible for guest possessions left in the Property. LMELH will return lost property to guests subject to reimbursement of the postage costs.11. PETS
Pets are not permitted at any Property or anywhere on the Lower Mill Estate.12. SMOKING
Smoking is not permitted inside the Property.13. VISITORS
For security reasons LMELH requires prior permission from guests wanting to invite visitors to the property during their stay.14. PARTIES
LMELH does not accept bookings for hen, stag or single sex parties. Fireworks and the playing of loud music are not permitted.15. LIABILITY
LMELH (for itself, its employees and agents) and the Owner shall not, except if caused by our negligence or breach of these Booking Conditions, be under any liability to the Guests or third parties for any accident, damage, loss injury expense or inconvenience, which may be suffered, incurred arise out of or in any way connected with the let. No term of the Contract is enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person who is not party to the Contract. If the Property which the Guest has booked becomes unavailable or unusable for an unforeseen reason prior to the date of booking, then LMELH will:
(1) Use their best endeavour to find an alternative property or failing which
(2) Reimburse the Guest any monies paid.
LMELH has made best efforts to ensure that information contained in its brochure and web site is accurate and fair. LMELH does not warrant and is not responsible for the accuracy of any verbal information given or statements made by its employees or agents.17. RIGHT OF ENTRY
LMELH shall be allowed the right of entry to the Property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.18. TERMINATION.
LMELH and, or the Owner or his/her managers reserve the right to terminate this contract and request the immediate departure all people from the Property in the event of a serious breach of the terms of this agreement. The breach may include but is not limited to the following events; a) serious damage to the Property which may exceed the damage deposit, b) a criminal or illegal act c) unreasonable or abusive behaviour or d) excessive noise which could adversely affect the rights of LMELH or the Owner being able to continue to operate the Property for short lettings or involve authorities or police in any form of complaint investigation.19. ENGLISH LAW
The contractual obligations contained in the Booking Conditions are subject to the jurisdiction of the court of England.
Code of Conduct for those staying in properties at Lower Mill Estate
Lower Mill Estate is a nature reserve and family environment with a mix of owners and their families as well as a small number of rental properties. There are often lots of organised activities that we hope that you will want to join in and that will add to your enjoyment whilst staying here.
Naturally there are a number of 'rules' to ensure that the estate is a safe, secure and peaceful environment. A full set of rules will be located in the welcome pack in your house and we ask that you familiarise yourselves with them on arrival, but we have summarised some key points for you below.
- Noise travels across water and to neighbours close by - please keep voices low when on decking/balconies.
- Be aware that the areas around other houses are private, do not walk around houses, or borrow/use equipment belonging to other properties.
- Be aware of 'light pollution' - turn lights low in the evening.
- No external amplified music - noise travels easily.
- Restricted internal amplified noise after 11pm. Terraced/attached houses - no music or excessive noise at all after 11pm. Please be especially considerate - children may be next door.
- No Fireworks - there are local organised events around bonfire night and we have a big party at New Year instead.
Wildlife & Estate Facilities
- Please do not feed any wild animals or wildfowl.
- If you plan to fish please read the Fishing rules first.
- Canoes, sail boats and wind surfers only on Somerford Lagoon.
- We have a closed period on Somerford Lagoon from 1st October to 31st March
(to protect the wildlife) and no boats are allowed on the lake.
- Some paths are also closed during this period - please look for signs.
- No Fireworks - the wildlife is easily scared.
- Dogs - please keep on lead within the villages and under control around the
estate - please remove any fouling.
Safety & Facilities
- Speed Limit is 10 mph - please be aware there are children playing and pedestrians
throughout the estate - a walking pace speed is ideal.
- Please use your allocated parking space - any other cars must be parked in the designated
overflow car park areas.
- This is a safe environment but please know where your children are or are going
when exploring the estate.
- Only those staying in Clearwater and Howells Mere houses have access to the Spa - please
ensure you collect your passes and sign in at reception on each visit. Please take care not to
allow other people into the Spa.
- Only Mill Village houses have access to the Mill Village Outdoor pool and Sauna.
- Please note the safety rules in the pools, saunas and play areas. Children must be accompanied
by an adult at all times.
- Please be considerate to others in the Spa changing rooms, which can get crowded.
- Potential for loss of deposit for damage/noise/nuisance/breach of estate rules if you
do not comply with the reasonable instructions of estate staff.
- Potential for eviction if there is a serious or repeated breach of rules.
- Treat all estate staff with respect - be aware that the Warden has the power to evict
for breach of rules.
- If you are disturbed by other guests contact Security on 01285 869184.
- You should not exceed maximum overnight occupancy as identified in your contract with
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Monday-Saturday 9-5, Sunday 10-4
LOWER MILL NEWS LETTER SIGN UP